The R&D work under the umbrella of the VRGeo Consortium is structured by an annual R&D Agenda defined by the VRGeo Consortium General Assembly. The R&D Work is done by the members of the VRGeo (Consortium) R&D Team at Fraunhofer IAIS. A related R&D activity may encompass several projects.
At present, the VRGeo Consortium R&D agenda has 5 R&D activities:
- Deep Learning using Convolutional Neural Networks (CNNs) on Large Geoscience Data
- Large Geoscience Data Visualization with a focus on User-driven Classification Techniques
- Natural (3D) Human Computer Interaction (HCI)
- Research on HMDs in Oil & Gas
- Technology Watch and Innovation Scouting