The VRGeo Consortium members represent oil and gas companies, their suppliers of software applications, and their providers of related technology.
Our value proposition includes:
- Exposure to the latest developments in virtual reality research and interactive computer graphics
- Sharing the expense of basic research in virtual reality technologies
- Impact on the VRGeo research agenda according to a member’s interests and needs
- Direct access to the VRGeo prototype solutions for R&D purposes
- Preferred licensing of VRGeo results
- A neutral platform for the exchange of experiences, ideas, and trends
- Premier access to the universe of Fraunhofer Institutes
The VRGeo Consortium was established in 1998 by Adolfo Henriques from Statoil (Norway). It is hosted at the Fraunhofer Institute for Intelligent Analysis and Information Systems (IAIS). It assembles twice a year at the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft in Birlinghoven near Bonn to discuss latest research results and to review the actual research agenda. The VRGeo Consortium is open for new membership applications.
A summary about the VRGeo Consortium is here (VRGeo Flyer, 1.21 MB) to download.
In the Media
December 19, 2013
Wanted: Student Assistants!